Tuesday 5 July 2011

Inaugural Posting

Well, laying the foundation for what is to come here, eh? Well for starters, a bit of an introduction.

My SCA name is Rashid al-Qasim. I live in the Barony of Seagirt, Principality of Tir Righ, in the Kingdom of An Tir. I am a Yeoman to the Baroness of Seagirt (a Baronial rank for archers of the Sergeantry. Don't know what a Sergeant is? Link at the bottom of the page!), my persona is 12th century Egyptian Arab, and spend most of my times at events either talking about archery or looking to do some archery.

When I'm not at events, I find myself looking for primary sources for my period. I think next post I'll list my source books, and update the list as I get more. Way of keeping track of what I have.

Another thing I spend my time on is the An Tir Culture Wiki. I spend a fair bit of time editing pages, categorizing them, and adding content. Speaking of which...

Here is a link to the wiki article on Sergeantry in An Tir.
http://wiki.antir.sca.org/index.php?title=Sergeant

No comments:

Post a Comment